We are 79% community-funded. Your donation matters.
We couldn’t provide the care we do for clients and their families without the overwhelming support we receive from our generous community. Your donation makes a huge difference.
YOUR DONATION MATTERS
Making a contribution to Matthews House demonstrates your pride in what we've accomplished, your trust in the care we provide today, and your hope for the future.
WAYS TO DONATE
- Donate online using your credit card, via CanadaHelps.org. Click here to donate online.
- Create a monthly automatic deduction from your chequing account or credit card.
- Make a one-time donation over the phone, using your credit card.
- Make a one-off donation by visiting us in person during business hours.
- Mail a cheque to us - please make cheque payable to MATTHEWS HOUSE HOSPICE and mail to:
6028 Highway 89
P O Box 10060
- Make a donation in honour of a loved one or friend that died (this can also be done via local funeral parlours)
- Make a donation in lieu of gifts in honour of a special occasion e.g. birthday, anniversary
- Support / attend a fundraising event with your friends
- Sponsor a hospice client activity or program, or a special event
Our donation staff, awaits your call at (705) 435-7218. Matthews House Hospice thanks you for your kind generosity.
MONTHLY GIVING MADE EASY!
By giving a regular donation, whatever you can manage, you’ll help us continue to offer free care for people with life-limiting illnesses, making their days as good as they can possibly be, and offering support to their families for as long as they need it.
To make an automatic monthly donation to Matthews House simply fill out our Monthly PAC Form available from Kirsten, our Finance and Accounting Administrator, at (705) 250-1105. Your gift will automatically be deducted monthly from your account, and we will send you a yearly income tax receipt for the total.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING LEAVING A GIFT IN YOUR WILL TO MATTHEWS HOUSE, THANK YOU.
Your kindness and generosity will ensure we can provide the best palliative care for our community for many years to come. Your gift will help to secure the care and support of our clients long into the future. It will make a great deal of difference to our clients, many of them close to the end of their lives. For others, your gift could enhance the time they have left.
Leaving a gift in your Will won’t cost you anything now. Having a Will ensures that your final wishes will be carried out. Once you have provided for your loved ones, please think about leaving a gift in your Will for the charities that you care about too.
DONATION OF SECURITIES
Matthews House is able to accept the donation of securities “in kind” via our RBC Direct trading account. This includes stocks, bonds, mutual funds and flow through shares as well as any other product which is held in a brokerage accounts and able to be traded. It is our policy to sell all donations immediately upon receipt.
The benefits to donors are that a donation “in kind” results in no capital gains tax being assessed by CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and we issue a charitable tax receipt for the value upon date of transfer. The charitable tax receipt results in a combined tax credit, which is about 44% of amounts donated by an individual in excess of $200.00 in total per year. We recommend that anyone wishing to make such a donation speak to their tax advisor.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our President, Margo Cooney.
CHARITABLE BUSINESS NUMBER: 851009555RT0001